VC++ cannot save problem

Started by
7 comments, last by siddim 20 years ago
hi, frequently when i am saving in VC++ i receive a message like that: ''R:\filepath\fileName.cpp'' Cannot Save file. The file may be in use by another application. if i click save again it work no problem. but i only have VC++ open, did it happen to you also or i have some sort of virus and i better format. This problem happen since a few month, but today, i lost a file without reason, crap.. Siddim
Advertisement
happens to me too sometimes...usually once a month or so without any special reason...when it happens i just copy and paste the file contents to a textfile, restart VStudio and paste it again. it''s annoying though

Typically this happens when VC locks a file for some reason. You''ll often see this on .exe files if your program doesn''t shut down right. As for why it locks random .cpp files that''s up in the air, but it seems like a new bug that''s been introduced into .net.
I am still using VC++ 6.0, if you tell me it''s only an internal error in VC++ that''s better then, no virus..
and i''m using VC++ 5, no .Net..yet

virus protection software
Most likely Norton Antivirus. This is a known problem. Get rid of NAV.

Kippesoep
EVEN IAM FACING THE SAVE PROBLEM
IF I PRESS SAVE IT GIVES ERROR SAYING THAT FILE CANNOT BE SAVED
IF I PRESS AGAIN IT DELETES THE FILE .CPP IT SELF
PLEASE HELP ME-
Necro. Closed. AP, if you wanna ask a question, create a new thread (and an account).

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement