Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Step by step

This topic is 5308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am looking for a tutorial on making sprites. I have already looked at the reference section, and the "So you want to be a Pixel artist" article. It was a great help, and I got a lot from it, but I cannot open lesson 8 on how to actually make sprites. I was there on Monday but since then I can''t get in. When I finally did, it was all in gibberish, all sorts of squares and swgiggly lines and that kind of stuff. Are there any other tutorials out there? I have already found some but, there not really about making sprites, there just about improving. I don''t even know what program to use; I need the beginner’s section. So if you could lead me to some the help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=/

while this doesnt really address your question,

are you a programer?

if so maybe you could find somone to do some graphics for you,

that way you let somone exercise thier tallent while you can execise yours?

perhaps you could post a request on the help wanted forum?

i havent seen any other tutorials on sprite creation,

i use Poser4 which is a character creation software package,
to do my sprite modeling and rendering, so you may want to look into that and tutorials for it.

hope this helps in some way =/

Raymond Jacobs,
Profesional Web Applications Developer,
Weekend Game Developer,
www.EtherealDarkness.com

Thanks for replying. Yes I am a programmer (not a good one yet, I''m still learning), but the reason I wanted to know about sprites, is I want to make a small game by myself, nothing to big but something one person could handle making. I wanted to at least see what I''m getting myself into, and just have the experiance. Thanks again for the reply I''ll check out that Poser4, thanks alot!