Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WildTangent as a starter

This topic is 5303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering by the world of game programming.... and I saw wild tangent .... its easy to program and looks good.... I already know some basic win api shit.... and im learning directx.... whats better... focus totally on Directx... or.. take a peek on Wild Tangent? Can I use wild Tanget to have a better opinion on how to program games????? thanks =)

<< Please comment about WildTangent if any of you have tried it or something.... thanks >>

I discovered them in 2001 when we bought a new HP computer for the office and it had this game on it called "Speedway." VERY impressive given it plays as a Java applet inside a web browser. IOW, many of the games are written in Java there. Their Web Driver can be used to make games in Java, C, or even javascript.

I downloaded their SDK a while ago, but they have updated since then. Haven''t actually tried making a game with it yet, but very good documentation and information for a beginner (which I am) on how 3D works, and how to use their Web Driver to make games. Its something I might try after I finish a couple more 2D games.

If you haven''t seen this, I put their Monster Truck demo here. You can also download it from their site with their SDK. Plays inside a web browser, written in Java. Very impressive. If you have their latest Web Driver installed with IE, this should work.

WildTangent Monster Truck Demo

Phil P