Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mie scattering

This topic is 5306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve started to implement code for atmospheric scattering. I''m using full spectral sampling and have made some progress with Rayleigh scattering. It''s only simple single scattering so far. A few questions. Could anyone help me with Mie scattering? I have the following phase functions to choose from. double HazyMie(double cosa) {return 1.0+9.0*pow((1.0+cosa)/2.0,8);} double MurkyMie(double cosa) {return 1.0+50.0*pow((1.0+cosa)/2.0,32);} double HGPhase(double cosa,double g) { // The Henyey-Greenstein phase function double g2=g*g; return (1.0-g2)/pow(1.0+g2-2.0*g*cosa,1.5); } The big problem is the extinction formula and values for g if I use the Henyey-Greenstein phase function. Also how do I combine Rayleigh and Mie scattering? If I use spectral rendering together with RGB rendering is there any way to convert an RGB triplet to a spectral curve? I''d post some pictures but I don''t know haw to insert images into this post. How is it done? Cheers,