Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dev-C++ DirectX Package

This topic is 5308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry if i''m a bit too vague. I''m about to start downloading the DirectX SDK (the latest one) which will be different than the one that the package specified. (What i''m asking is....) If I downloaded the new DirectX SDK would the package still work?

It will allow you to use the DirectX 8 interfaces if you have DirectX 8 or higher installed. So, the answer is, sort of. You can''t use the DX9 interfaces, but you can do DX programming.

quote:
Original post by Soccerman4
O. So after I download the latest DirectX SDK I can start learning DirectX using Dev-C++?

You have to use DX8, but yes.

EDIT: But if you are going to use DirectX, use Direct3D instead of DirectDraw. DirectDraw is hardly used anymore, and you can make perfectly good 2D (and of course 3D) graphics in Direct3D.

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on June 5, 2003 5:23:10 PM]

There is a package for directx 9 for dev-c++. open the update prog in the directory and it show up when you look for updates. (i think the exe is called vUpdate.exe)

Im using 4.9.8.0.....hmmmm try uninstalling your current version and installing the newest one from the website. vUpdate.exe should be in there then (actually I think the newest version is called "version beta 5" on the website).

I just downloaded the new Beta version . Its really cool. I looked at the updates and it never mentioned any package for DirectX so I figured they already have it in the program. Am I right?