Good 3d programming tutorials

Started by
3 comments, last by Dark Star 23 years, 10 months ago
hi Everyone, Does anyone know of any online 3d tutorials that are just simply excellent and are set out like a book that does not begin by throwing a load of maths at you at on the beginning but explains very well what methods are used and why. I find it difficult to find any good tutorial on the net someone guide me please Also could anyone recommend any good books to start me off on 3d programming. It most be for absolute beginners to intermediate and does not matter if it is a few years out dated. Thanks in advance. Dark Star
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
A good online tutorial on 3d programming under OpenGL that takes down to the meat is the NeHe Tutorial... Check it out in the affiliates to GameDev...
It doesn''t explain any of the 3d concept, just how to program under OpenGL, which is, in my humble opinion, the easiest API to learn.

Programming is:
1. The art of debugging a blank sheet of paper (or, in these days of on-line editing, the art of debugging an empty file).
2. A pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.
3. The most fun you can have with your clothes on (although clothes are not mandatory).
FOLDOC
Now I know what I'm made of, and I'm afraid of it...
There''s a site we host here at GDNet called 3D Graphics Programming that is one the best overall sources out there for learning 3D graphics. I''m not positive on the link, so if this link I''m about to give you doesn''t work, be sure to access it from the main page under hosted sites.

http://www.gamedev.net/hosted/3dgraphics

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Try Chris Hargrove''s (sp?) tutorials. I think there are five of them, covering some basic topics. You can find them at this very site.
Proteus, while I thank you for recommending those tutorials, I''ll advise anyone who reads them that those were written around 4 years ago so some of the material is a bit out of date. Still, nice to know some folks still liked those old things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement