Beating mouse position out of Windows

Started by
3 comments, last by BriarLoDeran 23 years, 10 months ago
Now maybe I''m an idiot, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the absolute mouse coordinates from Windows. All I want is a nice little function that I sent a structure to fill that gives me the current absolute mouse x and y. That''s all I ask. No call back functions or windows messaging madness...just a nice simple function. Can anyone help? Oh right, and this has to work for win9x, and NT4.0/2000. Thanks to all the brave souls who help me... -> Briar LoDeran <-
Advertisement
GetCursorPos()?

Maybe I misunderstood the question...

HTH
-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Thanks! I actually found it a little while after I posted. This horrible program I have to make changes to has some other internal errors that caused me to not trust the mouse positions it had. Thank you anyhow!

-> Briar LoDeran <-
If you''ve got mouse coordinates relative to your window, use ClientToScreen().

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
look at my replies at:

GameDev Mouse Problems

If you are using directinput, the mickey system I have laid out works great if you are displaying your own mouse. If you are using the hardware cursor, then you will have to either change the mickey ratio to match the hardware cursor or set the hardware cursor position to match YOUR coordinates.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement