Demo

Started by
1 comment, last by kill 23 years, 10 months ago
I downloaded PR, and I like it a lot. However the 2.6 version is rather dated. It''s enough to show what PR can do, but it''s not enough to start development. Here''s my thing. I don''t want to pay until I see that it will actually be worth it. Once I get to the point where I have a working demo, I''d pay for PR. Do you plan to release a fully feautured demo of the last PR version, so we could develop with it, and pay for it once we feel it wouldn''t be a waste of money? I understand that there is no way to have everything without paying anything, but I think this solution is fair.
Advertisement
Download the most recent Land demo he''s posted, take into consideration that version 3 has significant improvements to the engine (go read the presentation thing at Egerter.com), and that should make your decision easier. AFAIK, he isn''t going to release a demo or eval version of PR -- at least for the forseeable future.

In any case, I don''t quite see how "but not enough to start development" is a valid argument. If you like PR 2.6 well enough to purchase it, you''ll definately be pleased with 3. Almost no commercial engines allow you to develop with them before licensing -- at least not without a very strict NDA and Terms of Use and Intent agreements. Chris obviously doesn''t have time to handle such things in addition to working on PR, work his day job and maintain some semblance of a life.
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)
Ok, then I have a different question.

If I start working with PR 2.6, and develop a great deal of code with it, and then buy PR 3, is it going to take a lot of time to port my code? Another words, do the APIs that exist in 2.6 exist in 3, and if they have changed, how different are they?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement