• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ega

SDL and Dev-C++

This topic is 5660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been trying to learn DX9 but it seemed to complicated for me. Then some people told me that i should start with SDL. I downloaded SDL for Dev-C++ and have been trying to compile the template but it always gives me these errors: 23 C:\Dev-Cpp\main.cpp:5 libiberty.h: No such file or directory. C:\Dev-Cpp\main.cpp [Warning] In function `int SDL_main(int, char**)'': 93 C:\Dev-Cpp\main.cpp `asprintf'' undeclared (first use this function) (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each [Linker error] undefined reference to `glClearColor@16'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glClear@4'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glRotatef@16'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glBegin@4'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glColor3f@12'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `glVertex2f@8'' .... and the list goes on with similar errors does anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
It looks like you need to link to OpenGL and a header file called libiberty.h might not exist.

Anonymous is correct.
Did you use a project template? I''ve had problems where linking information wasn''t correctly transferred from the template file to the project, and sometimes you need to adjust some paths manually in project options.

For Java games and Java related resources, go to http://www.javaengines.dk

Do you know where to get lbiberty.h?
I''ve tried searching on google but i found nothing.

It sounds like that header file has been custom written for the program your trying to compile, so you should be able to get it from the same place where you downloaded this "template" file.

If your trying to learn SDL I think your going about it the wrong way. You should move on to OpenGL apps using SDL once you have gotten to grips with the basics of SDL.

There are some good SDL tuts right here on this site, start off by writing a SDL program from scratch that will simply create a SDL window and quit when the ESC key is pressed. Then move on to displaying a surface. When you can do that you should know where to go from there.

Make sure you are constantly referring to the SDL documentation when you write your first program so you understand what is going on.

Good Luck.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!