• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RomSteady

DirectX 9a and VS.NET 2003 EA

This topic is 5662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I''ve got Visual Studio .NET 2002 and 2003 Enterprise Architect and the DirectX 9a SDK. If I have VS.NET 2K2 installed and install the DX9 SDK, the Managed DirectX help is integrated into Visual Studio''s help system. However, if I uninstall VS.NET 2K2 and install VS.NET 2K3 (faster IDE, better managed code generation, bit shift operators for VB.NET, who wouldn''t upgrade) and reinstall the DX9a SDK, the Managed DirectX help is not integrated into Visual Studio''s help system. So, anyone have any ideas on how to integrate the DX9a Help into VS.NET 2K3? RomSteady - I play games for a living.

Advertisement
I remember seeing a patch for this at the MSDN downloads for DX9 way before VS.NET 2003 was shipped, check it out. If that doesnt work out, do a Search in the Help for "Installing Help" and theres a link to a settings page from that topic that will let you configure what you want to integrate with the helpfile.

insert witty signature here

Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction. I didn''t see it there earlier.

For others who are having the same problem, the installer can be found here [link to microsoft.com].

The instructions for "Installing Help" didn''t detect the DirectX 9 help.

RomSteady - I play games for a living.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!