• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eponick

Happy Blocks

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Happy Blocks is my first Win32 Game so dont kill me in flame or anything It still has a couple bugs but its play-ready. Next thing im going to do is add a High Scores table, and maby a few animations and such for when you level up. Also plan to add combo's. If you find any bugs tell me please. Link: Happy Blocks [edited by - Eponick on June 17, 2003 12:09:15 PM] [edited by - Eponick on June 17, 2003 3:57:39 PM]

Advertisement
I checked it out, it works. Cool you finished your first Win32 game, what now? try expanding on it, it would be cool if you could set up chains and combos and eventually morph this game into a Pokemon Puzzle League/tetris attack type game :D

right on

Good job! Good choice of sound too

The game keeps crashing on me though! A few minutes into the game, it will just close
I found another possible bug too. When a block falls in a position that would be 3rd in a row in 2 different directions, it only counts for one direction.

Nice one. I found a bug in it though. When I stack three pieces (of same color) in the lower left corner, it crashes on me.

like:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|[]
|[][]
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

/Edit:
Seems to happen only with blue blocks though..

-Luctus

Statisticly seen, most things happens to other people.
[Mail]

[edited by - Luctus on June 18, 2003 11:30:07 AM]

That crash bug has happened to me too, im trying to fix the problem.

And as for the problem with:
[]
[][]v[][]

I have only done programming for 3 in a row of blocks, I said I plan to add combos and being able to do more than 3 in a row later.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!