DirectX Tutorials?

Started by
8 comments, last by Geoffery 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi, Are there any good DirectX tutorials on the internet that you guys/gals could recommend? I have no DirectX experince what so ever so it would need to start with very basic DirectX. Thanks.
Advertisement
tutorials are for intermediate and advanced programmers. tutorials are basicly like this:

"hi, i''m going to teach you how to program with directx with good code examples and good explination of them."

and then later on in the tutorial you''ll get this:

"well, i dont exactly know what this does...but here''s 50 lines of code that nobody really understands (i think): ..."

(im being sarcastic)

what you need is a book. there are a few good books like: "DirectX for Dummies" and "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" (also referred to as TOTWGPG)
==============================
whats a signature?
htm[s]l[/s]
The Direct X documentation has some good tutorials for getting started.

+AA_970+
Thanks a lot. I will look into those books. I know of TOTWGPG but I will look at DirectX for dummies also. Thanks again.

When you are ready for Direct3D I have some tutorials on my site, and more to come.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Actually, I have a book made by the same author as "Tricks of Game Programming Gurus." It is "Windows Game Programming For Dummies." Get TOTGPG and Win Game Prog For Dummies. First read Win Game Prog For Dummies, then TOTGPG.

-Alex
I looooove programming! Even at my young age.
What is the difference between DirectX and Direct3D?
quote:Original post by Geoffery

What is the difference between DirectX and Direct3D?

Oh.....my....god....

(nes8bit runs away while screaming in terror to the door.)

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Direct3D is only a sub part of DirectX. DirectX is a programming API that contains the following parts:

DirectDraw
Direct3D
DirectInput
DirectPlay
DirectSound
DirectMusic
etc

Direct3D is the part that speaks to the 3D accelerators thus helping you make 3D applications.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Have a look at the DirectDraw tutorials on this site. There''s a few good ones there. Also, have a look at the directx sdk help, its pretty good. But I''d reccommend getting a book first, above all else.

- Daniel
- DanielMy homepage

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement