lesson 13

Started by
0 comments, last by jpb96b 20 years, 10 months ago
This is a great lesson on how to work with fonts, but it doesn''t seem to be working for me. Instead of using the windows api for my window handling I''ve been using glutCreateWindow() etc, so maybe this is the problem. But I''ve looked carefully over my code for building fonts and using them and there seems to be some problem because nothing shows up in my viewing window. Are there some settings I should be mindful of if I want to use glut windowing, or is it impossible if I also want Windows fonts? Thanks. Jason
jpb
Advertisement
The code on nehe''s site will not work if you are using glut because u need to use the DC that opengl is using to draw the text. Unless glut will give the DC to you, you cannot draw font. If you do want to use glut, there are built in functions that do it for you. Just google something like "Glut"+"font" or something like that. you could always also use nehe''s basecode(I would recomend this).
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement