Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gunner

Omega Gets published

Hi guys, Just to let you know that, Omega, our arcade space shooter just got a publishing deal with XTreme Games LLc. It's our second title released this year and published by them. The first one was Maestro for kids. All DelphiX / DirectX based of course. Stay tuned for ' Time Attack ', due out July 17th, again all Delphi, gorgeous 3D pre-rendered graphics, mad gameplay and trippy sound tracks. This year is just going to be mad, tons of titles down the pipes, can someone let me know the weather we're having outside Of course, Diablo2 might slow us down for a week or two, we'll have to pace ourselves Thanks all for your help, Regards, Yves ( Gunner ) Sysimage inc. Edited by - Gunner on 6/14/00 10:08:16 AM

quote:
Original post by Gunner

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that, Omega, our arcade space shooter just got a publishing deal with XTreme Games LLc.

It''s our second title released this year and published by them.
The first one was Maestro for kids.

Hmm... From my experience with XTreme, they suck big time... The boss is a moron (just read his interviews and see his photos... hu... in a surfer costume or something like that...), and although he says he gives 50% of the benefits, he''s actually not a real publisher, since he''s just making deals with other publishers... So if he gets 10% royalties on your game''s sales, you''ll actually get 50% of these 10%... Hmm...
Just my 2 cents. Sorry about that, I just don''t like them
(Plus, they use a X-Files theme MIDI music on their website... Talk about copyright protection... Then you wanna trust them for sure, eh ? ;-))

--
Naoki Haga
http://kyodai.com

Gunner: Congrats!

Naoki: That was highly unnecessary. If you don''t like XTreme, state reasons that don''t border on the petty and personal. In other words, attempt to display at least a hint of professionalism.

DavidRM
Samu Games

quote:
Original post by DavidRM
Naoki: That was highly unnecessary. If you don''t like XTreme, state reasons that don''t border on the petty and personal. In other words, attempt to display at least a hint of professionalism.

Never said I was a professional... I''m just an enthusiast who happens to have been in touch with several companies who wanted to publish my amateur work. And among them, the worst was XTreme. And there''s nothing "personal" in noticing that their "professional" website uses a MIDI music for which they don''t own the copyright. I wonder what FOX would say if they knew that....

--
Naoki Haga
http://kyodai.com

Hi Gunner,

congrats from me too

Will there be any demos to take a look at ?
At least I want to know what you guys have been doing in your dungeons all the time ...

[ Ampaze | turbo.gamedev.net ]

Thanks DavidRM / Ampaze much appreciated!

I don't mind either types of critics, we always prefer good ones of course

We all need to start somewhere, in this buisness, completed quality published games is very important. Published adds to your track record, shareware dosen't.

Especially if you want to get away from the value game market and go up to Grad 'A' or even 'AAA' titles.

Andre and Aaron from Xtreme games have been super nice and helpfull, no complaints here.

Bottom line is, i'm happy with the publishing deal i got.

Regards,

Gunner.
Sysimage inc.

btw:A demo was made, it should be up on web sites shortly.. stay tuned

Edited by - Gunner on June 14, 2000 2:44:41 PM

quote:
Original post by Gunner
We all need to start somewhere, in this buisness, completed quality published games is very important. Published adds to your track record, shareware dosen't.

Yes of course. Although it's not sure that it'll bring you more money at first

quote:
Especially if you want to get away from the value game market and go up to Grad 'A' or even 'AAA' titles.

Again, not sure. A successful shareware game has as much exposure as a commercial game...

quote:
Andre and Aaron from Xtreme games have been super nice and helpfull, no complaints here.

Well, you're lucky... (Or unlucky, if you know my point of view )

quote:
Bottom line is, i'm happy with the publishing deal i got.

Good for you
That's all what matters, isn't it?

Edited by - Naoki on June 15, 2000 10:56:04 PM

Congrats all the way around!!! Getting a game out the door is a feat no matter what publisher puts it out.

Naoki and I could both tell you horror stories. We have the same publisher who just happens to be named in the same law suit as Xtreme games Hint, hint...

Ah, but we''ll save the publisher bashing for another post.

[ turbo | turbo.gamedev.net ]