HASBRO's GAMES

Started by
7 comments, last by ROMERO 23 years, 10 months ago
Today I went to a store thinking in buy a game to my cousin. He likes strategy games. When I saw "Civilization II" with a very cheap price, I thought "that''s the perfect game to him". I looked at the back of the box and saw the name HASBRO then I DROP the box immediately and start to search for another game. My question is: What are the names of famous games of hasbro, so I can tell my friends to AVOID them. Once I read that XCOM is from hasbro too. Thanks for the attention.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by ROMERO

My question is: What are the names of famous games of hasbro, so I can tell my friends to AVOID them.

Unfortunately, Hasbro keeps BUYING other companies that make good games... so what is safe to buy today might be a Hasbro product tomorrow (you can tell it''s a Hasbro product if the company that was bought has 90% layoffs ;-) ).

I heard the developers who are being sued made these retro games BEFORE Hasbro bought Atari,so noone was looking to make games "like hasbro games". Hasbro had nothing to do with Asteroids and the other games until recently.

Hasbro is really like the friggin borg. :-(
Thanks for the information.

But if hasbro buy all the games companies then I STOP playing games. The differents types of suits of hasbro show me the primitive mind of this company. I mean, suit someone because a site with the name "ms-monopoly" that''s about the Microsoft monopoly and has nothing with games is an absurd.

I hope that hasbro DOESN''T suit the authors of the book "Game Architecture and Design" for using the Pac-Man as an example, and even include a screenshoot of it.

hasbro misunderstand the term "beat the competition" which means: do a game that is better than the game of others companies. But hasbro think that "beat the competition" means: destroy all the others game companies.

I''m sure that the game industry will decay because of hasbro.

Anyway, I would be glad if someone could list the names of the games already owned by hasbro.
"Rollercoaster Tycoon" is one of them.
Buying a non-coputer game from someone besides Hasbro is very difficult.

However, for computer games, try anything from EA (Origin, Bullfrog, etc), InterPlay, or Microsoft.
just to say the Hasbro''s Roller Coaster Tycoon just don''t cut it...

Mechwarrior...
"If you build it, it will crash."
Thanks for the names.

Oh well, at least all the good games aren''t by Hasbro. Just stick to Rogue Spear, Unreal Tournament, and Quake 3 and you''ll be fine.
-----------------------------1. "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock." 2. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else." 3. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-Dan Quayle4. If life gives you sour grapes, squash them and make wine!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement