Setting up Allegro with DevC++

Started by
5 comments, last by JNewt 20 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone know how to install Allegro for use with DevC++? I tried the installer package at the DevC++ website but the site that the file was hosted on is down. Perhaps someone knows of an alternate download site?
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
Advertisement
Somebody here must use it!
i think i've got the package to home (for the last version of Devcpp).
i can look after the work and host it when you don't find it.
if you find it please write a post.

the Seby

[edited by - theSeby on June 18, 2003 9:02:07 AM]
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
Hang on, I found instructions for doing it manually but they''re for an earlier version. Let me try it out.

The link in case anyone else is interested:
http://wcs-jabe.sourceforge.net/project/team/tuts/setup_allegro_devcpp.html
If that doesn''t work, you will have better luck getting answers at www.allegro.cc. This is the official site for Allegro. It has forums for questions.
"Does anyone know how to install Allegro for use with DevC++?"

You''re not actually installing for dev-cpp, since its an IDE. The underlying compiler is mingw. Anywho, to install allegro for Dev-cpp you''ll need a couple of extra things.

1. The directx headers (needed since allegro partly wraps directdraw on windows).
2. A copy of make, which you can get with alot of other useful stuff in the fileutils package for mingw.

Both these files can be got from www.sourceforge.net. Do a search for Mingw and go to its page. The files you want are (I think) called directx70.zip and fileutils.zip.

See: http://www.allegro.cc/files/install-devcpp.html for more information and see www.allegro.cc for help (very friendly and active community).
Thanks, I just downoaded the Allegro binaries for Mingw. Got it working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement