• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpb96b

OpenGL non-standard bitmap glyphs in opengl

This topic is 5575 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m working on a physics/math experiment that involves the use of opengl for visualisation. I''m not an expert but have some experience with opengl. Can someone please direct me to info about how to import a 2d bitmap file in windwos so that I can use it to generate greek or other letters? My linux code for importing a jpg has worked directly in windows, but I can''t get everything to work in harmony for a bitmap. Maybe I''m doing that wrong, so links to a good linux tutorial on this would be great. If I use NeHe''s windows api stuff I can''t run on linux/unix, and I often encounter sun or other linux/unix systems. But the glutBitmapCharacter() function doesn''t give any fonts with greek letters. Russian letters would work, so if there''s a russian font that works with glutBitmap... my problems are solved. Otherwise, I need to open and use -- in the classical sense -- a bitmap file on disk. Thanks. jpb

Advertisement
I believe that your problem is endian-ness

I think SUN is big endia, while Intel is little endia.

Try flipping the bytes, and then binding the texture.
----
500th Post! Heck Yeah! I'm slowly becoming an important member of gamedev.net!

[edited by - dede on June 18, 2003 2:59:05 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!