• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nukem

Getting Nintendo Back...

This topic is 5659 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I say that the community makes a game better then anything that is on gamecube. An RPG make all our own stuff. Then release it free and opensource(could possibly be on sourceforge). Just have another free opensource good game out there to hurt them. (Note: I couldnt head this) Also if you want to hurt Nintendo by not doing any work you simply dont buy any Nintendo products. Go PC Games(there better) or PS2. Just what ever you do dont buy from Nintendo.

Advertisement
I would never spend years building an RPG just to get back at a company. Thats just me though... I can't see spending 8-10 hours a day for a couple of years just to say, "HA HA NINTENDO, HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!!"

Don't get me wrong. I think it's cool that you want to make an open source RPG, but you're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck on it.

EDIT: N/M....

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

[edited by - UltimaX on June 17, 2003 11:40:11 PM]

Did Nintendo just bulldoze your house for a new facility? Or is this still going back to the Zelda thread and what not?

I''d personally try to smite Sony. But... i doubt throwing eggs or shooting potatos would accomplish too much. =)

-DD

Where will i play Zelda or Mario Kart? Heck even Mario is cool. They only made one BIG mistake, N64, cartridge based and lost the market.

Here is another reason to like Nintendo, Shigeru Miyamoto Sama.

And what's your beef with the big N.

[edited by - brownbean on June 17, 2003 11:38:01 PM]

Hee Hee, Mario Kart rocks!

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

Guest Anonymous Poster
don''t go after nintendo, i doubt they had anything to do with the Zelda thing, blame the damn IDSA.

N is cool! Dont dis 'em over this Zelda thing. Try looking at things from their perspective. Lets say you made a big game that became popular. You wouldnt want anyone to take credit for your work would ya?

Then again, most people downloaded it for educational puposes. In this case, maybe they should have backed off..

But its not like NeHe had to use N's characters.. They could have made up their own game. Its not like using the Zelda characters has any educational benefits...

But still, people are more likely to be interested in Zelda source code then an unknown game...

Hmmm... I really cant make up my mind on this issue....

In any case, if your gonna hate anyone, hate IDSA for their strict rules.

[edited by - fried_chicken on June 17, 2003 12:05:53 AM]

Ya I guess your right I was just releasing some anger. Anyway Im working on my own First Person Shooter. Ive never really liked Nintendo(im gona get flamed for that) when I had a console it was sega but most of my life ive played comp games. Wolf 3d owned mario!!!!

I will get bashed for this but I think Sega Genesis has some of the greatest games ever (I''ve played a LOT of console video games so I know what I''m talking about, but there again, it''s all a matter of tastes).

Too bad some of the greatest games fell into Oblivion. People who like Zelda should really consider finding a Beyond Oasis cart on eBay. (I don''t think that this game is known to anyone here)

I also think that Sega''s hardware was better than Nintendo''s back then. Too bad they aren''t making console anymore.

quote:

it''s all a matter of tastes

You''re right.

As far as my tastes are concerned SNES was the best console ever. Its games still dwarf some of the graphics pushing, no-story titles of today (with some sympathy to SquareSoft). Simply for the fact that they had alot of the original Final Fantasy and Enix Stuff. Those titles are like the Shakespere of the gaming industry.

Unfortunately, a few years later...Nintendo refused to go CD and lost Square...now both companies have money troubles.

The best game ever: Terranigma (Never heard of it?) on SNES. You will hate yourself for beating the game...its a cool ending. But you have to beat it to fully appreciate the game. Its better than ANY rpg i''ve EVER played (including any mmorpg).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!