DirectX8 vs DirectX9

Started by
0 comments, last by RuntimeFailure 20 years, 10 months ago
I have been programming for quite a while now and I am about to start using the DirectX API. My only problem is I don''t know which SDK to download. I know my current graphics card can''t handle some of the new functions, so should I just get DX8.1 or DX9 and just not use the DX9 specific features. Any help would be appreciated! ----------------------------------------------------------- RuntimeFailure
Advertisement
If your card manufacturer has Dx9 drivers available then download Dx9. You don''t need to use functions that are not available on your card. If you are uncertain as to which you can use you can check the "Caps" for your card. Since you are beginning to learn DX it is better to start with the latest version available, as it will be old by the time you finish. Dx9 will also be around for a couple of years as MS has declared that they will not make a new major version for quite some time.

Good luck on your programming.

No no no no! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement