mod making

Started by
2 comments, last by Jehan 20 years, 10 months ago
Unreal Tournament 2003, Half Life 2 due soon, Doom III next... all these games offer moding capabilities through both a content editor and a software SDK. What kinds of designs shall we expect from independent teams, that will provide us with a load of ''new'' mods? I mean, there will be a bunch of CounterStrike/TeamFortress clones, as there always is; some standard FreeForAll or TeamDeathmatch mods as well. How original! Game companies have constraints that make them target the broader audience, the mass. In that respect the games they make must respect some rules: don''t play too long, don''t look too funy, don''t be too inovative, don''t make the player feel too lost... A mod being a mod, designed and produced by independent teams, what would YOU rather like to see as future mods (free product, still FPS oriented, not too much production time) J.
Advertisement
I like the clever ones. The ones that could never be a full game but are good as a mod. Good examples of the is UTs Holy Wars or slave.
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
I''d like to see how far people will be able to take Half-Life 2 physics and invent new forms of multiplayer gameplay.
quote:Original post by EzekielKnight
I''d like to see how far people will be able to take Half-Life 2 physics and invent new forms of multiplayer gameplay.

I''d love to see this also. I''d like to see a game that is kind of an anti-counterstrike. CS and all of it''s clones try to be more realistic than the standard FPS model, I''d like to see a game that is less realistic than your average FPS. Characters that run at 200 mph and jump 30 feet, huge levels with lots of dynamic objects, insanely strong weapons, etc. From what I''ve seen in the Half Life 2 videos you could probably pull this off with that engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement