C++,OpenGL????

Started by
6 comments, last by andrefreemind 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi!!!! I have a dream of making my own 3D game.I like a lot of modelling 3D objects, but I don''t know nothing about programming.I''ve worked a lot with Blitz3D, Dark Basic and 3D Game Studio, but somebody told me that they aren''t the right way to make a success game, like I want to.I''ve heard that C++ is the best language to begin with, but I can''t see any results that I expected. I want to see my objects on the screen!!And (don''t laugh at me) can you make a 3D game using only C++? I''ve also heard that OpenGL can make my dreams come true, but what is it, and where I can find it(for free??)?? I''m a zero at programming!Help me please!!! Thanks
Advertisement
Humm... before programming C++ 3D-games, you should learn programming C++, and begin with 2D Graphics (Tetris, Mario...).
You''ll find here in Game Dev lots of tutorials to help you.
Good luck !

the Seby
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
You should learn C++ first, and then start with 2D games first.
As for seeing objects on screen, it depends on the compiler you use. If you use Visual C++ 6, or one of its followups, then you won''t see anything pretty until you compile the software.

One other thing you have to remember about C++ as well is that it isn''t completely geared towards game development. It is possible to create games without using Direct X, but for the best results, and easier programming, it''s best to use this.

And as for OpenGL, it''s another graphics programming library, and is multi-platform. Go to http://www.opengl.org if you want to find out more.

Good luck in learning C++.

Alcohol and Calculus don''''t mix - don''''t drink and derive!
Alcohol and Calculus don''t mix - don''t drink and derive!
Thanks a lot!!
And by the way, which C++ compiler should I use working with Windows XP Professional?I would prefer if it was free.
Dev-C++ is a good compiler.
... and Dev-C++ is free, check it.
For 2D games you can use Allegro or SDL libraries with Dev Cpp

the Seby
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
Use SDL ---> www.libsdl.org

Nothing is Impossible
Thankyou for all your advices!!!!
I''m learning C++ in spite of being a little difficult to begin.
When I make a project,how can I make the window stop to see what is written there???Could you write the code please??
Thanks a lot!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement