Mouse movement breakdown

Started by
1 comment, last by Hellhound 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi, i''ve implemented in my 3d environment a WIN32 API mouse controll for movement (wheel) and look around (hold Right button)... It works, but sometimes the movement breakdown. I''ve never problem by moving backwards, but sometimes when i use the wheel to move forwards, the scene holds for a second, before continuing movement. I don''t know why ?!... Could be there a buffer which holds some old datas ??? To realize the look-around i''ve implemented a thread which calls the lookArround-function until the button is released. It works too, but in the first few moments, the movement is very slow. After some seconds i''ve the full speed! Knows anyone why? I think there could be a breakdown by initializing the thread ??? Thanks 4 any help, Christian
Advertisement
Is this a fullscreen app and are you using the Win32 messaging system (WM_MOUSEMOVE, etc.)? If so, the windows message pump is not really meant for fullscreen games. I''d recommend using DirectInput or some other means of low level input detection.
Thx 4 the tip, i will try it, hope it helps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement