• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamelFly

Rendering director/flash/or some other product...

This topic is 5575 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! Being very frustrated with the development of a menu system with a constantly changing design I am strongly considering for our next project to produce a rendering component capable of rendering things made with a third party product such as Macromedia Director/Flash or some other 2D animation and iteraction package. Does any of you have any experience of this? Have you heard of the concept? Any tasty links for me ( google had none :-( ) Such a component would indeed be a time saver for the entire team... Cheers Per

Advertisement
Well you can use an activeX control to display a flash movie, or a director movie. You can have the actionscript/lingo code generate events your host app can pickup.

I frequently do it the other way: My games usually run as director projectors, with most of the logic implemented in lingo, and most of the algorithms implemented in c++ plugins.

For me this works really well, but it might not be the way to go if you''re new with director. I can stronlgy recommended it though. (Havok physics library included for free).

So it sort of depends on what kind of a project it is, what the best solution would be.

Good luck, Lucas

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!