• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrid

Embedding graphics generated by ActiveX into a DirectX app?

This topic is 5657 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m attempting to find a way to integrate an ActiveX control (in this case, Flash) into a fullscreen DirectX application. I have seen the sample code which lets you overlay a GDI dialog box (or whatever) onto a DirectX fullscreen app, but this doesn''t work for me, I ideally need to be able to somehow run the ActiveX window in the background and then grab the contents of it''s GDI window so that I have a bitmap that I can use in DirectX. The sample provided in the SDK just stamps the GDI surface over the front buffer using hardware, and I need to render stuff *over the top* of the Flash. Not only that, but I need the transparent areas of the Flash to remain transparent so that I can draw stuff *behind* the Flash as well!!! I have spent several days trying to work this one out, and I''m a bit stuck. I did search the archives, and similar questions have been asked before, but not answered satifactorily. I know it''s possible to use Flash inside DirectX because someone has already done it: http://www.swfxxl.com/ I might ask them but I doubt that they''ll want to give their ''secret'' away

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!