• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draco5869

Getting J++/J#

This topic is 5479 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have VS.net Enterprise edition. It doesn''t come with J++ or J# (or are they the same thing). I know nothing about J but i was interested in getting the compiler. Can i download J or i got a voucher to send in, or what? Thanks ----------------------------------------------------------- Like a sponge!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Microsoft no longer supports its implementation of Java (J++). Learn C#.

I got this little voucher that i supposedly can send in when it comes out to get a copy of it? Does that sound right?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Like a sponge!

Okay, i got this voucher that i can send in to get J#, but what about J++, or are they the same thing or what? And is it worth it to get J#?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Like a sponge!

[edited by - draco5869 on June 18, 2003 1:27:22 PM]

J++ and J# are both MS''s basterdised versions of Java, and both pretty much deadends. If you want to learn proper Java, then get the SDK (free) from java.sun.com, or if you want to learn something similar yet still MS, try C# - I may be wrong but i assume VS.net Enterprise ed. comes with it (check the manual.. you do have the manual, right?)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!