• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DakeDesu

Shebang usage? Windows "open with?"

This topic is 5481 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, as you might have seen, I am working on a scripting language. I am just curious, how one would use the shebang on POSIX systems, or "open with" on the various windows. I know that something like: #!/bin/env python2.2 can be used to make a script use that interpretor, how does the interpretor understand that it is being called via the shebang? Is there any keywords I should search for on Google? Thank you. -=- "Boy? Girl? It does not matter, all that matters is power, and beauty is power. I am beautiful, so I have power and that is all that matters." Got Immortality?

Advertisement
I would be guessing that there is a hidden command line argument, much like the ''this'' pointer in C++ classes, or the application path argument in the windows command line.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!