• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spearhawk

Detecting user set AA & AF?

This topic is 5484 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to detect if the user has manualy set the AA and AF? The reason I'm asking is that when the user has set AA and AF to someting other than the default settings (aka the game decides) my game will have graphic artifacts. So it'd be great if I could detect the use overide of the settings and give him/her a warning that things might not look right with AA & AF enabeled. Normal AAx4 AFx4 -- Spearhawk Productions Project Andromeda [edited by - Spearhawk on June 18, 2003 6:25:42 PM]

Advertisement
Ouch, poor screenshot doesn''t like AA...
Well, I guess detecting that would be driver specific... i.e. different for every vendor, and maybe even different between driver versions...
I never tried that and I''m too lazy to check, but isn''t there something like a "no antialiasing" setting in the multisample extension? Maybe that''d override the user settings.

try somehting like:

bool is_fssa_on = false;

glGetBooleanv(MULTISAMPLE_ARB, &is_fssa_on);

if(is_fssa_on) {
//do you stuff here
}

//*OR* this may also work

bool is_fssa_on = false;

is_fssa_on = glIsEnabled(MULTISAMPLE_ARB);

if(is_fssa_on) {
//do you stuff here
}

there apears to be no way to detect if AF is on .

read the following to check for more tokens tokens:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/multisample.txt

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!