• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikey21

Mingw32 error

This topic is 5661 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, I''m having trouble compiling an OpenGL window with Dev C++. I''m following the NeHe OpenGL tutorial 1. Whenever I compile, I get the following error: C:\Dev-C++\bin\mingw32\lb.exe Permission Denied I know this has something to do with the compiler itself, as Dev C++ uses the Mingw32 compiler. The question is what, and how do I fix it. I''d appreciate any help anyone can give me on this. Thanx

Advertisement
I think ld is the program that performs the linking with other libraries, this sounds like more of an operating system problem than a problem with the compiler. What version of Windows are you using? Are you logged in as a user? Check the Read-Only attribute of the compiler files and the bin folder itself.

I''m running Windows ME (but it came with my computer so it works fine) and it''s my own PC so there shouldn''t be any restrictions. I tried making the file "read-only", but that didn''t seem to work. Thanx for the idea though.

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear on the read-only thing, your bin folder and the files in it should NOT be read only. Mingw creates a number of temporary files when it compiles/builds and you will get a ‘Permission Denied’ error if it tries to write to a folder that has read only access. I got a similar error message to you once before because I copied Mingw from a backup CD and the OS also copied the file attributes.

Also try typing ld -v or ld --help from your command line.

[edited by - KiwiMelon on June 19, 2003 2:22:03 AM]

Also make sure the program executable you have compiled is *not* still running. If you''ve got an infinite loop type app with no window, you won''t see it on the task bar, you''ll need to open up the task manager and kill it manually.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!