• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket05

MSVC constantly rebuilding!

This topic is 5485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well MSVC picked a new thing to annoy me about, now it wants to rebuild everything, all the time. after building the project once (and generating the object files), it should only rebuild files that are modified, but for some reason its rebuilding all, reguardless. i haven''t changed any MSVC settings to my recollection, however it started doing this after building lib3ds. its weird, because files i create right then work fine, they dont rebuild unless modified, but all other source files i copy to the folder and include into the project get rebuilt everytime. it woudln''t be so annoying if it didn''t say it had to rebuild all the files everytime i want to run the program. i''ve gone through all the settings, tried changing all of them, still no avail. there is an option under project->settings->c/c++->customize called ''enable minimal rebuild'', which i already have checked (including turning off and back on again). no progress. anybody had this happen to them? anybody know how i can fix this?

Advertisement
well i''ll be damned... that was it.

i had opened the system clock control panel earlier today to check to see what day of the week a day in the past was, and i forgot to set it back to the correct month.

i would have never noticed that,
thank you very much siaspete

Is that what causes that? I always wondered what the problem was; it seems obvious now you mention it!

Thanks

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!