• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guzica18

Best Programs

This topic is 5662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What are the best programs used for making 3D games, and which computer language is simplest and easiest to learn for 3D games?

Advertisement
C++ is currently used for many 3d games. It is the supposedly preffered language. Im guessing your new, like me. Go learn C++ and then move onto things like win32 api, and then opengl.

If you just wanna make 3D games, and not make 3D engines, then i suggest using something like Blitz Basic, or Dark Basic.

Those aren''t what the pros use, (except for prototyping, and concept work), but its easy.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok the programs mentioned above are not bad...but you won''t get the same result if you use c/c++ (which by the way it''s not a program but a programming language,is not the same). Also I won''t lie to you learning to program in c/c++ is a pain and it is hard, but the effort pays off. If you are still unsure on what to do look through this site (not just the forum) it helps. If you don''t want to go through the trouble then you could try searching on google for programs like Blitz Basic 3D (I think that''s the name...) I heard it''s pretty good and easy to get started with, it''s not free though.

If you just want to be simple, try some BASIC clone like DARKBASIC. It has no industry value but is good for learning the game programming concepts. Also, you can try a program like RPG maker or 3D Game Studio. These don''t have any use in the industry either. But if you want to do it right, learn C++ and utilize Win32, OpenGL, and DirectX.

Scott Simontis
Engineer in Training
Have a nice day!

head over to www.gametutorials.com

they have some opengl articles named "Talk to me like I''m 3 years old". they should be right for you..

You need Visual Studio and c++ skills to understand them

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!