• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sage2003

optimization

This topic is 5659 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have read in MS Direct-X Documentation that the optimization for concant the view and the world matrix would speed things up i tried this but my keyboard and my view matrix are connected. while it renders the movement i once had no longer work, i use a matrix stack to load the view and then multiply it with the model''s matrix secondly does anyone use the optization in there code.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
The MS Direct-X Documentation says that concanting the view and the world matrix would speed things up.

Yes, this is correct. Instead of transforming by 2 matricies, you can concant or combine them into one. This is useful for transforming verticies in local memory or for sending the transform matrix to the Vertex shader.

This is not useful for the fixed function pipeline. You can set the world and view matricies seperate in the pipe and fixed function vertex processing gets multiplied by both matricies regardless.

quote:
I have tried this but my keyboard and my view matrix are connected.

You will have to reconcant the matricies after every change of either matrix.

quote:
Finally, does anyone use this optization in there code?

I use this to transform verticies on the GPU for batching purposes.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!