• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Etus

Texture coords indices with vertex arrays

This topic is 5652 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, Is it possible to specify texture coords indices with vertex arrays? Many models include texture coords, and it''s a shame not use them. I looked at OpenGL''s man pages, but found no answer. Thanks, Etus

Advertisement
Well, glTexCoordPointer is the way of specifying the texture coords that exist in an array - not using indices. glInterleavedArrays, I think, cannot do this as well.

you mean like in the obj format where they specify a list of texture coordinates and then index into them (similar to the way indicies are index into arrays of verticies). As far as I know GL dosnt support this. maybe there is an extesnion for this, (I haven''t herad of one though)

Yeah Walrus, that''s what I mean. The MD2 models do that, for example. So there is no OpenGL support for this?

- Yuval

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!