Bizzare error

Started by
6 comments, last by SoulSkorpion 20 years, 10 months ago
What on earth does "syntax error : missing '';'' before ''PCH creation point''" mean? How can I get rid of it? I seem to remember getting this error before, a long time ago, but I can''t remember how I got rid of it. I wasn''t doing anything overly complex then, and I''m not really doing anything complex now.
-------------"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Advertisement
What language and what IDE are you using?
PCH = precompiled header. Unless your project is taking 3 hours to compile, I suggest ditching PCHs entirely, they are more trouble than they''re worth in most projects. You can disable them in the project settings window, somewhere.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

quote:Original post by malpass
What language and what IDE are you using?

Sorry. C++, MSVC++ 5.
-------------"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
You''re probably missing a ; at the end of a class declaration or a namespace block.
Sometimes, if there is a variable declarated with an undeclared type just before, it creates a similar problem.

Prog, Sex & Rock''n''Roll :
I don''t like the Prog but the prog likes me.
Prog, Games & Rock'n'Roll :I don't like the Prog but the Prog likes me.
Did u try Clean & Rebuild?

-------
Homepage: http://students.washington.edu/andrey
-------Homepage: http://www.pclx.com
quote:Original post byApochPiQ
PCH = precompiled header. Unless your project is taking 3 hours to compile, I suggest ditching PCHs entirely, they are more trouble than they''re worth in most projects. You can disable them in the project settings window, somewhere.

I had a rummage around and couldn''t find it. *shrug*

quote:Original post by cgoat
You''re probably missing a ; at the end of a class declaration or a namespace block.

Yep, that was it. Thanks.

Thanks for the help everyone!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement