• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX9 and vertex shader decleration.

This topic is 5388 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I''m trying to learn and create shader effects, but I''m not sure about one thing in DX9. Since DX8 some things changed one of those things is verter shader decleration. My question is simple I just want to make sure that I undertod correctly DX9 SDK documentation. My problem lies with the UsageIndex paramter the shader decleration. Now, every component like color, texture, position, nomral etc.. has it''s own usageindex. The texture useage index seems preaty clear(well I think). The index for a texture indicates to the texture data assigned to it. Like index 0 would be something like t[0](correct if I''m wrong). The only weird thing is that when it comes with color, position and normal you seem to have only 0 and 1 as usage index. Is this correct? If it is then I should use index 0 for a simple operation like displaying an quad made of two triangles. If I undertood wrongly please correct me, don''t want to die not knowing what is does correctly . Thank you for any possible hints and tips.

• Advertisement