Properly using nmake w/ VC++ 6

Started by
2 comments, last by Lutrosis 20 years, 10 months ago
A very simple problem I''m sure, but I''m going nuts trying to find out how to fix it - trying to build an example project provided with an app using a provided makefile, and getting nowhere because nmake can''t seem to find the files it needs (win32.mak, also MSPDB60.DLL, and most likely others). How do I properly configure nmake to search in the right directories? Sorry to waste your time on this, -Lutrosis
-Lutrosis#define WHOOPS 0class DogClass {public: CDog() { printf("Ruff!"); } Run() { printf("Run!"); } Crash() { printf("%d",100/WOOPS); }};DogClass CDog;CDog.Run();CDog.Crash();
Advertisement
I had this problem when I first started using nmake at the command line. First you have to run VCVARS32.bat (it''s in your bin directory). That will set up the path, lib, etc. environment variables.

Qui fut tout, et qui ne fut rien
Invader''s Realm
ahHA...Thanks, all set now.

Just so I know, where would one come across that information? I looked everywhere I could think of.

-Lutrosis
-Lutrosis#define WHOOPS 0class DogClass {public: CDog() { printf("Ruff!"); } Run() { printf("Run!"); } Crash() { printf("%d",100/WOOPS); }};DogClass CDog;CDog.Run();CDog.Crash();
Setting the Path and Environment Variables for Command-Line Builds

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement