• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funkymunky

VC++ addons

This topic is 5652 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, how do I make an addon for Visual C++ (6.0) For example, I''d like an extra button that opens up a windows explorer folder of my output directory. How would I go about doing this?

Advertisement
Thanks, but I''m having trouble making heads or tails of this stuff. That section you linked to seems to be focused on Visual J++, so I''m not even sure if it''s pertinent. Either way, does anyone know of anymore resources I might look into?

The help in Visual C++ tells you how to make an add-in. To get started, just select File/New... and click DevStudio Add-In Wizard. Enter a name for your project and click ok. Follow the prompts and it will generate a shell for your add-in. Go to Help Index and type "add-in". Select "adding to Developer Studio". All the things you can do are explained in those pages.

On MSDN, look here.

[edited by - Dave Hunt on June 19, 2003 7:40:48 PM]

Thanks! Alright I have my debug directory toolbar button.

Problem is, there are 6 listed in the tool bar menu! "Toolbar 1", "Toolbar 2", "Toolbar 3" etc.

What happened is, while testing it, I had to close VC++, delete the DLL, reopen VC++, and rebuild. But i forgot to unload the DLL before closing, so it stayed in it''s memory bank. How can I cut the 6 listings down to the actual 1?

From the Visual C++ Help -

"Tip Always unregister an add-in before changing it. For example, if you want to move an add-in to a new directory on your computer, or if you want to change its programmatic identifier (progID), unregister it beforehand. To unregister an add-in, go to the command line, go to the directory containing the add-in, and then type the command regsvr32 /u myAddIn.dll, where myAddIn is the name of the add-in."

Don''t know if that will solve your problem, though. What "tool bar menu" are you talking about? If you mean "Tools/Customize.../Toolbars", isn''t there a Delete button?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!