• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mryellow

Test my group's FPS...

This topic is 5655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi everybody, I am new to the forums and would like for everyone to check out my group''s game that we developed. Our group is "Zang" and this game is the result of our final project while attending Full Sail in Orlando. The game is called "Human Factor" and it''s a very intense First Person Shooter and I would like anyone''s comment (good or bad) and any suggestions on how we can improve it. While implementing the enemy A.I., I have played this game way to many times and find it rather easy. Right now I am looking for people to give some comments on the game play and game balance to make it better and more challenging. download the game from my website: http://www.thebestgameprogrammer.com/demo.html NOTE: The intro movies had to be cut to lower the file size, which is about 35MB right now. Just download the .zip file, unzip, and run the setup.exe to install the game. Also, feel free to make any comments about my website. Joey Alfeche Full Sail Game Design Grad June ''03 Website: www.thebestgameprogrammer.com

Advertisement
It seemed to be presented well but there are a few things.

- Why put the credits as a movie file? I would''ve used scrolling images.

- Music might of been better if there were no lyrics but just a soundtrack. Was too "full on" for my liking

- Couldn''t customise keys! Mouse sensitivity was too low as well.

- 3d games these days shouldn''t use billboards for enemies.

- Hard to tell if you actually hit the target, especially with the first weapon you get.

Some good points now

- Map layout seemed good.

- AI was good, could tell they were trying to get out the way when shooting. Those flying things were hard to hit. It was getting easier though.

- Liked the particle gun

- Intro music good.
- Was fast paced.

Website is nice and clean design. If you''re planning on putting it on your resume though, use proper words, i.e throughout instead of thru. Also don''t start the intro about yourself with a negative remark "I''m not the best programmer"

Anyway congrats on finishing the game, I think proper 3d models would really add to it.

error: does not compute!

Error,

Thanks for the review of our group''s game. I really like your suggestion about changing the credits into scrolling text. This would lower the file size by almost half! The enemies are actually 3D models, but when the enemies change direction it appears that they are billboards(something that I will fix in a later release). But thanks for the review again I''m glad someone else had a chance to play our group''s game. Keep an eye out for later revisions and added features.

Joey Alfeche
Full Sail Game Design Grad June ''03

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!