• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gimlin

Winsock

This topic is 5570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was looking at the winsock2 tutorial, which is very helpful. I understand what each chunk of code does, but I dont understand how to use it. For example, where does the code go, in function/struct/class, the main function? And which code chunks need to be used over again. Do you get what I mean? Mabye a very very very simple example of fully working app would be helpful. Thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
those are a little complex for me. I mean something as simple as a client program sending text to a server program, and then the server displays the text.

I''ve written quite a few winsock apps and I have some simple clients and servers that I can send to you if you want. It will be later tonight though cuz that''s when I get off work.

so if no one else gets you what you need, email me and I''ll hook you up.

-noix-
noixtirdoe@aaahawk.com

In this world gone mad, we won''t spank the monkey; the monkey will spank us.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!