Whats a good C++ reference?

Started by
8 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years, 1 month ago
I know that there are probably topics on this forum with almost the same exact title but I can''t seem to find any. Are there any good references that give you the syntax for different things like the loops and such. I already know of the website cprogramming.com but I really haven''t found any on there.
Advertisement
"buy a book and read it in bed "

fuck I'm stupid...

[edited by - doho on March 15, 2004 1:07:33 PM]
Recommended books for learning C++ and to use as a reference:

- C++ Primer by Stanley Lippmand and Josee Lajoie
- Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo
- The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || MSDN || STL || GameCoding || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on June 19, 2003 4:48:01 PM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]
Forget C++..... Start With C# and Game Programming
C# and .Net Rocks for Game Programming...
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Congratulations on posting a wonderful piece of flame bait. Then again, what can one expect from an anonymous poster.

And, no, don't "forget" C++, learn it. As doho and I have said, purchase a book. You should get along fine then.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || MSDN || STL || GameCoding || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]

[edited by - Lektrix on June 19, 2003 5:02:02 PM]
[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || CUJ || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || [email=lektrix@barrysworld.com]E-Mail Me[/email] ]
quote:Original post by doho
buy a book and read it in bed

like I do

quote:Original post by Lektrix
Recommended books for learning C++ and to use as a reference:

- C++ Primer by Stanley Lippmand and Josee Lajoie
- Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo
- The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup

Beat me to it. Three VERY good books. Oh Lord, Praise them!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
I was really looking for something more along the lines of print out things but I guess not. I DO have the C++ Programming Language, I''ve read some, it''s a good book and I guess I can use that as a reference.

Urge to flame rising.... Urge to flame rising....

-------------

When I was learning C++, I made small individual programs that demonstrated each element of the language that I learned. Now, when I forget something, I just open up the required program providing the information, and I'm all set.

[EDIT] Also, Practical C++ Programming by Steve Oualline serves pretty well as a referance book (doesn't go into greatly advanced stuff sadly though).

Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- The Boondock Saints

[edited by - Rob Loach on June 19, 2003 6:29:52 PM]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
quote:Original post by Rob Loach

Urge to flame rising.... Urge to flame rising....

*pours gasoline on urge*

You fight like a dairy farmer.

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement