hue, saturation, luminescence and a texture

Started by
1 comment, last by wamingo 20 years, 10 months ago
I got a font that I coloured bright-green with my paintprogram sliding the hue/saturation/luminance but then arrises a problem in opengl I can''t seem to get my head over... I want to make it brighter! in the program that is... Of course I could use a second font for a second brigther type, no prob, but if I wanted more, it might get a little silly... Now with a say glColor4f(1,1,1,1) the thing would be as lit as it was coloured in the paintprogram right? but how to make it even brigther? I could use a completely white font and then colour it green in opengl but I don''t seem to be able to hit the right colour (yeah I''m picky) like in my paint program. Which then leads me to the real question... can you control hue/saturation/luminance (HSL) (or something else) in opengl?
Advertisement
You can''t control HSV in OpenGL. But you can write a function to convert HSV to RGB. The best approash for what you are trying to do is to create a pure white texture. then write down what HVS you selected for green and bright-green in paint program. Then in your program just convert HVS to RGB and use that color.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
didn''t think of that...
thanks, good idea

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement