• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to DrawGLScene?

This topic is 6428 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m having a couple problems drawing onto the screen... or even getting the code to compile. Right now, I have a main file, "world.cpp" and an Object "cube.cpp" file. The Cube.cpp file contains various things, including void drawCube(). I am trying to invoke this method from the world.cpp file, but have not been successfull. I call the drawCube like: world[j].drawCube(); Inside of: int DrawGLScene(GLvoid) I get this compile error: Linking... world.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Cube::drawCube(void)" (?drawCube@Cube@@QAEXXZ) What is causing this? Do I have to only draw things inside methods called DrawGLScene()? (This may sound like a dumb question, but my background is in Java, where paint() does pretty much all the work.) The code compiles file, but when I attempt to "Build.exe" I get that error. Please help!

Advertisement
A guess...

sounds like you have added the drawCube function defintion to your class definition, but not added the function code, forgot the cube:: or mispelled it.

in your cube.cpp there must be a

void Cube::drawCube()
{

??

Edited by - claus hansen ries on June 15, 2000 6:16:51 AM

I have both the class declaration and the Cube::drawCube() methods there... And it''s called from the main file correctly... (I''m using VC++ 6.0, and it pops open a mini dialog and shows which methods are available for the object, and I selected from there.)

Anything else? =)

if your code is short try post it...or a link to it...??

world.cpp cube.h cube.cpp

in world.cpp you include cube.h, which contain class definition
and in cube.cpp the is the Cube::draw... ??

Edited by - Claus Hansen Ries on June 15, 2000 6:44:32 AM

ARRRGGGHHHH!!

Well, as I was pasting in several dozen lines of code, I realized that ALL of the class functions EXCEPT for drawCube() was preceded with Cube::

So, I made it Cube::drawCube() and now it works great.

Thanks for the help... I feel sorta dumb. hehehe =)

• Advertisement