Please test my RTS game - Pax Solaris

Started by
119 comments, last by Diodor 20 years, 1 month ago
It's featured at nbsd.de/paxsolaris.html, and directly download from here. I greatly appreciate any feedback you may have. Does it work on your system? Were you confused at any point? Did you find it addictive? Did you win the first time you have played? Do you have any suggestions? Regarding the game design side of Pax Solaris: I wanted a game with real strategy, front lines, tactical retreats, encirclements, battle fatigue, attacks and counterattacks. Well, I think I have succeeded in doing just that, which is pretty amazing given the very simple rule-set of this game. Enjoy. [edited by - Diodor on February 22, 2004 3:36:17 AM]
Advertisement
Very cool game,

I just finished my first game, which I won It ran just fine on my system (p4/1.7, 512rdram, gf3, winxp).

I''d say it is fairly addictive, I''m gonna go play again right now

------------------------------------------------------------
// TODO: Insert clever comment here.
------------------------------------------------------------// TODO: Insert clever comment here.
Its awesome! probly one of the better rts''s i''ve seen, better than many big titles in my oppinion. agree 100% with droner, gnna go play again.

---
Brent Gunning | My Site
Must...stop...playing...code...knockoff...
http://edropple.com
Excellent!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Yup it''s a good game. It looks like a board game called Cosmic something...

One thing though: I think the game would gain A LOT if it was turn-based with some extra-powers for each players (ie nuke bombs).

Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
quote:Original post by Cahaan
I think the game would gain A LOT if it was turn-based ...

Mmmhrr, I don''t think so. I like the dynamism it has right now.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
True about the dynamism but... a turn-based system would involve more strategy

A question though: how the game is played in hot-seat mode since it''s real time ?
Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
Interesting idea. Unfortunately I couldn''t immerse myself into it. I would have beaten the first level, but I stopped half way through. I did beat the tutorial ''level''. Even though it wasn''t my ''type'' of game, I definitely looks like people could have fun playing it. Good work!
I enjoyed it... The graphics are clean and crisp and the GUI is intuitive... so far it seems fun but I fear that the level of replay or my interest may not exist for long... but I have to play it more to obtain/provide any real analysis.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement