Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nurgle

FAQ

Cool

Just a couple of things. Firstly, "distrobution" is actually spelt "distribution" (yes, pedantic, I know). SDL lives at www.libsdl.org, and I think you should mention that OpenGL is used for 3D graphics, rather than Direct3D in the "Can I use DirectX..." question.

Bye!

=> Arfa <=

Looks good so far, though some of the questions need more expansion in the answers along with more in the FAQ.

Are you going to list these libraries that have DirectX type functions or are you just going to say use Mesa?

2 points:

a. That is just a quick ''n naster FAQ so that we have one (and I can say "see FAQ")

b. Look through all the posts in the forum, and count how many times I have asked for input on production of a FAQ. TO me it seem sthat the ppl here aren''t interested in one, so unless more interest is shown, I won''t waste time on it.

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Actually I didn''t ask for comments this time round... (j/k)

But I am a little annoyed that whhen I previously asked for ppl to sgguest topics for the FAQ, very few ppl helped. That pissed me off...

me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Must also add another comment. You said :
quote:

b. Look through all the posts in the forum, and count how many times I have asked for input on production of a FAQ. TO me it seem sthat the ppl here aren''t interested in one, so unless more interest is shown, I won''t waste time on it.

Why? Its a FAQ, surly as a moderator you should be keeping a store of these somewhere and the answers. Isn''t that how a FAQ is created and not from people giving ideas?

Wen we''re at it
OpenGL and SDL are availlable for BeOS aswell, and BeOS is free too

Please keep that FAQ! I'm sure people will come and add some things (or tell you what to add...).
The meaning of a FAQ is to give quick information, and that's a sort of exchange, which means that it is "alive"... The longer a FAQ exists, the more it grows...
I promise whenever I have a question, or an answer where I can imagine that could be not clear for someone, I'll drop you a line ...
BTW, I don't think that there is a FAQ just to say "Oh, we are so good, we have a FAQ", but to say "Whenever you have a question, this FAQ may be useful"...and I think that corresponds to the main idea of FAQs ...

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--consuetudo est quasi altera natura hominum...

Edited by - Indeterminatus on June 16, 2000 1:48:43 PM

I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to make a sort of "index" on top of the FAQ, where all questions are listed (as links...if you click on a question, the form moves to the text corresponding to the question...it would make it MUCH more user friendly...)
If that''s not too much work for you, please do that!

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--consuetudo est quasi altera natura hominum...

Just so you know,
I am working on a more comprehensive FAQ for the new site I''m working on. I''ll keep you posted on the details.

me@thisisnurgle.org.uk