Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem that make .CHR file...

This topic is 6164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi~ I tried make .chr file using .3ds file. but, created .chr file is doesn''t read in PRO Editor. error message is "file not found in library". I thinked cause of this problem is used wrong script file... but, I''m make script file to follow PR document. 1) create .3DS file (in Character Studio) 2) export .3DS file to .PRO file exist file - bones.pro, weights.dat, man.pro, man.prb and texture file 3) create .anb file using CSBUILD utility. exist file - all of previous files and man.anb 4) I wrote man.scr, man.prt, man.mot in text editor. man.prt is very simple(have only 2 line - MAX_PARTICLE_TYPES 0 and MAX_EMITTER_TYPES 0) because chracter have no particle. 5) create .chr file. follow down : wgtlib man.chr +bones.pro +man.anb +man.pro +man.prb +weights.dat +man.prt +man.mot +man.scr +skin.jpg ==> created man.chr file... but, this .chr file is doesn''t read in PRO Editor. I don''t know what is occured this problem... please, response to me... good-bye~

Hi,
I had a similar problem, I think there is a problem with LibEdit, when you create a new library.
I have managed to get my CHR working by taking an Existing CHR, duplicating it & renaming it to the lib name required, then adding the new CHR files to it, and deleting the old files.

Try this and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Darrin

I have been using Charactr Studio Character System ..and it works fine without any problems. But then there are some options in Max which can cause problems when used can spoil the export.

This is answer to a very old reply, but I happened to come across it right after solving this problem myself.

The character editor will not work with filenames longer than 8 characters.