Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piksel

SetTimer in DInput?

I am just starting to program using DirectInput (and basically C++), and I was basically copying the source code from the DirectX 7, DirectInput example keybdexc.cpp, which gets keyboard input, and displays the codes for the keys that were pressed on the screen. In this example, in the MainDialogProc function, it has some lines that say: case WM_INITDIALOG: ...more source... SetTimer( hDlg, 0, 1000 / 12, NULL ); Now first off the the WM_INITDIALOG doesn''t run, most likely do to the fact that my program doesn''t havr any dialog boxes or anything (its just a game). But I don''t know where the SetTimer function is calling to, like which header file? Because then a few lines down, it has this: case WM_TIMER: and everything inside that doesn''t run. I really hope this all made sense (Its like 100 degrees out in CA, USA, so I can''t think). If someone could just tell me where the SetTimer function is calling to, I would be thankful.

quote:
Original post by Piksel
...(Its like 100 degrees out in CA, USA, so I can''t think)...

Ha ha! You got the heat wave. We were told to stay cool because of a heat wave that was supposed to hit, but it still hasn''t for 2 days. btw, where in CA do you live?

------------------------
Captured Reality.

I live in Marin, (Novato if your not a stalker and know the area). All air conditioners are sold out at all the stores, the public pools smell like a sewar from all the thousands of kids peeing in the pool while the managers disobey the maximum occupance rules for the pool. It has got to be the second hottest time ever here, only preceded by when the earth first formed and was a molten ball of lava. I am too hot to do anything, I only go on my computer once or twice a day, because I''m too hot to even type, and because I''m afraid I''ll fry it. It isn''t la Nina or anything is it? Its the stupid ozone depleting... Please everyone stop the greenhouse affect turn off you computers.

-piksel
My site