Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bilinear Rotate

This topic is 6393 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody I''ve been hacking around with the Bilinear Rotate algorytm used by Gordon Cowie (creator of FastLIB). I was able to rewrite algorytm fixing bugs, optimizing it for speed and making compatible with DelphiX. Although I succeded, the algorytm seems to be a little slower, then Regular Rotate algorytm used in DelphiX, and it''s obvious why - I need to do clipping TWICE and first one for EVERY PIXEL. Still, as I said, it''s about 20% slower than non-bilinear one in DelphiX. I''m going to donate it to public although wouldn''t like to post source code as some of the ppl were seen to use copyrighted code without giving the required credit to author. The current version of algorytm draws 24-bit TFastDIB image on 16-bit (565 mask) surface. My question: Is it essential to have algorytm handle 8,16 and 32-bit images as well? My point is that the quality will not be good with 16-bit, because bluring 5 and 6 bit pixels doesn''t sound too great. - Arcane Lifepower - "Although the world would call me free Each day the more her slave am I For in her very way to be There''s I don''t know what, I don''t know why"

1) I would think you would want to do 8-bit images to a 16-bit surface.

2) Did I misunderstand, or are *not* going to release the addin for delphix? I would hate to miss out on a good code piece because someone didn''t play by the rules...

[ turbo | turbo.gamedev.net ]