Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(DX) Messed up Windows after Full Screen Mode.

This topic is 6392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have my compiler running maximized. My game runs full screen. When the game shuts down, and windows comes back up, my compiler window gets reduced to the size of the resolution I had set. When I click maximize, the window switches to it''s normal un-maximized state, and when I click it once more it goes to maximized state. Also, nothing is activated when windows comes back up. I''ve messed around with it, but can''t solve the problem. If I run in windowed mode, everything works fine. The window stays maximized, and is even reactivated properly. So... any ideas??

There''s a IDirectDraw7::RestoreDisplayMode function which is supposed to reset your window to what it was before SetDisplayMode was called, but I have yet to get it to work...

Hi there, that doesn''t sound like much of a problem. But the one guy is right Make sure your calling RestoreDisplayMode. I edit all my code in a dos box which I set in the largest display mode for easy reading. When I run the program (I run it from the command prompt) and then exit the dos box has been set down to he size of the resolution the game was running in. I do the same thing, restore it, then maximize it, and it''s back to it''s larger size.
Remember when a user runs your game they generally shouldn''t be running any other apps in the background, especially not a compiler!
Hope that Helps!
See ya,
Ben

That''s a good point People shouldn''t be running anything in the background so if I can''t find a fix, no one will probably notice it anyway But on the other hand, it bothers me that it''s happening from a "my codes screwed up" standpoint, plus I always have to restore my compiler which is a bit annoying.

Anyway, I am already calling RestoreDisplayMode() just before I release the DirectDraw object, but the problem continues.

I read on the DX FAQ that this problem is caused by DX being shut down AFTER the window is destroyed, but I''m taking the mentioned precautions and the problem continues. I''m not sure but I think it''s something else in this case.