need to know what you want

Started by
15 comments, last by stevenmarky 23 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by WitchLord

Guys (especially nes8bit), do try to be just a little more serious. At least in this forum, or I''m going to have to start deleting posts and I don''t want to do that.

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on June 16, 2000 11:47:31 AM

Hey! I''m serious! I really want to see one of those tutorials. Anyone with that type of tutorial is gonna get so many hits on their page.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Advertisement
DX++? Just *another* set of standards "the man" has set for the ''conformists.'' But seriously, I dont do C++ so if you want too it wouldn''t bother me.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
Q3A doesn''t use DirectX or C++? Carmack has then earned his title as "programming" god if it is all in Assembly. Can anyone confirm this because if that is true. I am picking up a copy of "Learn Turbo Assembler".

btw, Witchlord, this is a serious post . If it is true then learning assembler is something I would like to do.
-----------------------------00000010 - My 2 bits"Smile life gets worse, and then you die!" - Optimist
Actually, Carmack programs in C. If he made Q3A in assembly I would construct a shrine for him and call him "The God of Programming." Too bad that isn''t true. Although, he does use asm a little.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
I didn''t mean to step on any toes here, but consider this for a while: What is the useful to useless post ratio in this thread? And what would you want it to be when you ask a question? Even my posts belong in the useless group but that can''t be helped. I don''t mind a joke once in a while, but there is no need to fill the entire thread with it. (nes8bit I too would want such a tutorial so it wasn''t your first post that made me write this, I singled you out because you are the one that is the most visible.)

And for your information Q3A does use DirectX, just not Direct3D. I believe it uses both DirectInput and DirectSound. And Carmack has written several times that there is very few times that assembly is actually needed anymore, you gain a lot more speed by optimizing your algorithms than by optimizing the implementation of them.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

quote:Original post by WitchLord
(nes8bit I too would want such a tutorial so it wasn''t your first post that made me write this, I singled you out because you are the one that is the most visible.)

...Ok whatever...

------------------------
Captured Reality.
I think some medium level and high level tutorials would be good. Its hard to learn beginner stuff from the web anyway, so i think you should target the slightly more high level programmers. I''d like to see some information on 16 bit stuff as well as I''ve just started to get into that (have been working in 8-bit palettised till now) and its a bit more complicated than using 256 colors...

- Daniel
- DanielMy homepage

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement