Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

linear frame buffer

This topic is 6391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

using djgpp, im looking for some source to get into 640x480x256, but using a LFB instead of bank switching. also, (because im new to protected mode) what is the fastest way to transfer a buffer to the screen? thanx in advance. =)

DJGPP eh? let''s see if I can still remember Oh yeah, I remember now. The information that you''re looking for about the VESA 2.0 programming should be available at inverse reality and look under the tutorials.

Concerning your other question about copying a buffer to the screen, if you didn''t enable near pointers (i.e. disable memory protection) I think you should use dosmemput. Check the docs on the arguments. If you did enable near pointers, just use a memcpy. If you want speed, use asm and copy DWORDS Hope that helps

========================================================
If something sounds stupid but works, it's not stupid

I have a DJGPP graphics engine that you might want to look into. The non-linear frame buffer support has a lot of errors (and doesn''t even work).

Tell me if you want it.

Sludge Software
www.sludgesoft.com
Developing a secret of mana style role-playing-game