Question: Can AI...

Started by
5 comments, last by Dracula 23 years, 10 months ago
Question: Can AI be incorporated into webpages? I''m not a programmer myself, more into graphic, but I''ve always been interested in AI. So would it be possible to make a website that has AI in it?
D~R~A~C~U~L~A
Advertisement
In what way?

PHP and ASP allow you to do conditional statements, variables, functions, database access, etc, etc...

You should able to do something with that.

Do you have something in mind? AI is a large field
In essence AI is a concept. A theory that tries to implement (human) intelligence in software, robots,...

So yes, you could use a "programming language" like ASP or java-script in combination with HTML pages to do "AI"-stuff, but it won''t be that easy since HTML isn''t really a medium that was meant for complex calculations that usually accompany AI.

Like vallis said, it all depends on what you would like to do precisely.

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...
******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************
Hey uh StrategicAllience, I just wanted to say your qoute is awesome! It sounds like something that would fit The Matrix or something like that. That''s all.

Guardian Angel Interactive
Thanks Tiso!
******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************
Dhtml allows me to move my gfx around my site but I want the pictures to greet the visiter, remember their prefs and take it to their fav section next time they are in. I know CGI could do some of this but not enough. Example; Bob goes into my site, next time he goes in he hears his fav midi playing, taken to his fav section, the messageboard, and so on. I tried getting some CGI scripts to do something and their not bad. But as most of you know CGI is very confusing especially when you get mess up! Can CGI work with objects like pictures and sound files?
D~R~A~C~U~L~A
Well, as far as I see, that''s no real AI you want to implement. You could store the info in cookies or in an Access database and then extract the info from it using java-script or ASP.

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement